Monthly Archives: November 2016
At last, 2nd place at the ART EXPERIENCE! It has been a while!
I finally won an award in the October 2016 Session for the “Moon” theme. I am so thrilled that my dedication to this event has finally paid off. I based my painting on a photo taken in my backyard after Hurricane Matthew. It captures the beauty and intense moods of nature.
The Art Experience show is held at the Historic Train Depot in Venice, Florida on the last Tuesday of every month at 7 pm. ENTRY: Admission is $10.00 for audience members and $15 for participating artists with a painting. The door money covers room hire, freshly delivered pizza for everyone there, and prize money for the winning artists. All money goes into the show.
All are welcome to join in the fun, with locally-produced art as the primary focus of attention. Anyone can enter, and anyone can come along just to watch, even the non-artists in our community.
The Art Experience has been running every month for over seven years! That is a stupendous achievement. The primary objective and purpose of the Art Experience Show is:
To encourage artists of all skill levels to become better artists.
Rules for the artists
(1) Paintings must be unsigned and anonymous
(2) They must be unframed and unmatted
(3) Work must be in color unless otherwise stated
(4) Any medium is allowed. Here are a handful of examples (but not a comprehensive list): pastel, watercolor, acrylic, oil, colored pencil, crayon – or a combination of media.
(5) There is currently no size limit. Paintings can be as large or as small as you like.
(6) Please do not vote for your painting
Rules for the audience – Relax and enjoy the show